Organs and Churches
St. Saviour's Anglican Church in Riga, Latvia, was built on the land of former Pauls Bastions between 1857 and 1859. The Architect was Johans Daniels Felsko (1813-1902).
The church, in neo-Gothic still architecture, was dedicated on July 26, 1859 as the Anglican Church of St. Saviour in Riga,
and the first regular worship was held in November 1859.
After the Soviet occupation in 1940, the church was desecrated. It became a disco and for reasons of favorable acoustics
also a recording studio.
After Latvia regained its independence in 1991, U.S. missionary Arden Haug founded an English-speaking congregation.
In 1995 the Reverend Dr. Juris Calitis, a Latvian-born pastor, who has lived in Britain, the Caribbean, U.S.A and Canada, assumed the responsibilities of this church and became the pastor of a growing congregation.
Today, the church is home to the congregation of St. Saviour and other Christian congregations.